Monday, December 10, 2007

16 weeks....

I know, I'm late on this update. I'm actually 16 weeks 4 days today. And am totally Blah!!! I have some sort of stomach bug that has kept me in the bathroom almost all day. Having a 3 yr old and 1 yr old home all day when mom is either sitting or kneeling at the toilet..........well let's just say the kids ARE still alive so that's a good thing lol.

The good news, I'm feeling the baby all the time now :) As of about 3 days ago I noticed that every time I sit still for a minute or 2 I can feel him/her tapping away in there. Still taps, not quite kicks but not flutters either. Feeling a bit of rolling here n there too. He/She doesn't stay in one spot either, very active little one :)

This tail bone pain just continues to get worse, and now when I move not only does it feel like someone stabbing me in the tail bone, but now the pain shoots down my butt cheek too. It's hard, It takes everything I have sometimes not to yell out in pain, especially when I pick up Ashlyn (who is now around 23 lbs). I see the midwife next Tuesday so will talk to her about it but I'm doubting there's much I can do.

On another note........I think the time has come when I will have to slowly start weaning Ashlyn down to comfort nursing only (naptime/bedtime). I really truly do not want to, but it's becoming to much and breastfeeding is becoming less and less enjoyable right now. I have the constant sore nipples from the pregnancy hormones, plus she will not lay still unless she is tired so our nursing sessions consist of her pulling her head back and stretching my nipple way further than it's meant to go, she pinches and scratches, has bit me several times this past week, etc. I'm not planning to wean her completely, I feel her and I still need that time together, but with how often she still nurses it's just becoming too much for me. I want to continue thinking of breastfeeding as the beautiful and enjoyable thing it truly is, but if I keep letting this go on for much longer I fear I will really start to hate it and then the new baby might miss out. I'm going to start offering her the sippy cup more often and see how it goes. I definitely won't force her to stop, will just offer some options and hope that she takes them at her own free will. I feel guilty and selfish, but at the same time very proud of the time that i've nursed her. So anyway, we'll see what happens with that.

Sorry this got so long, off to bed now.

0 comments: