Monday, October 22, 2007

1st Midwife Appt.

Had my first midwife appointment today finally :) Typical 1st appointment stuff, pee in a cup, get blood drawn, exam, and talk. She gave me a due date of May 22nd which is just 1 day later than I expected. We talked about my still breastfeeding Ashlyn and she said to be prepared around 28 weeks for the possibility of having to wean her. She said with the history of my last 2 babies coming early she worries about me going too early. So at around 28 weeks and after, if there are Any signs of preterm labor she will ask that I start weaning. I really want Ashlyn to stop when she's ready.......and who knows, she may stop before I get to that point, but if I have to stop I have to stop. I have total trust in my midwife and I know she would not ask me to stop unless it's absolutely and completely necessary.

Not much else going on. Weight was 131, blood pressure 120/60, and got my prenatals Rx. Expecting a call in a few days with the results of my thyroid bloodwork, REALLY really hoping I do Not have to start seeing the endocrinologist again, but have a feeling I will probably have to.
We also talked about diet and the do's and dont's and all that good stuff as well as the Quad screen testing which I told her I would be declining again.

Next appointment is on Nov. 19th.

1 comments:

Laura McIntyre said...

Almost a 1/4 of the way there, i hope breastfeeding works out . I think it would be really easy and non tramatic to wean during pregnancy. I could of weaned Rebecca no problem after 20 weeks or so but did't want to