Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Granola Chicks? Them girls are Nuts!!

lol. So I'm part of this Awesome online community called Granola Chicks. ( www.granolachicks.com ) I've been there almost a year now and the ladies there have taught me so much. The other day I was looking for advice on how to relieve this horrible heartburn/reflux I've been dealing with, and several of them had suggested Apple Cider Vinegar. Well I finally broke down and bought some today because lately the Tums are just making my heartburn worse. After dinner it was bad, felt like I was breathing fire, so I got up the courage to take a swig of the vinegar. That stuff was THE Nastiest Grossest stuff I've ever drank!!! As I'm shivering from the nasty taste I'm muttering things under my breath and wondering Why oh Why would these ladies do this to me lol. But once I finally quit twitching from the taste I was amazed to find that my heartburn was gone!!! haha those nutty granola chicks were right once again. That was over an hour ago and the heartburn is Still gone!!!

There's so much more to the Granola Chicks. As nutty as they are (and I mean nutty in the most loving way :) Nutty is fun!!) they are some of the most loving caring women I've ever met. I was in a car accident back in January, I was ok, sore but ok, but at barely 20 weeks pregnant I was very concerned about he baby and if he was ok. Since it was a car accident, my pregnancy only insurance wouldn't cover a visit to the midwife to check on the baby. I still had 2 weeks before my next appointment and just couldln't shake the fears I had on if he was ok or not. Well, some very very special Granola Chicks came together and thanks to their donations I was able to fully pay for an office visit to go in and make sure baby was ok :) Had it not been for them, I would have been a nervous wreck for the next 2 weeks wondering and waiting. These ladies there would give the shirt off their back to help another mama out and I am very blessed to be a part of such a great community.

There is such a variety of women there, different styles, different personalities, etc, but one thing they all have in common is their hearts, and passion. I've never seen any drama there, and was even able to share with them a very very difficult part of my past and in return got only love and support, not criticism and guilt. It doesn't matter there if you're black/white, rich/poor, all out 'crunchy' or just a lil bit crunchy, everyone is welcomed with open arms and That's why I love Granola Chicks so much.

In addition to all the great ladies there, you'll find loads of great information on things like cloth diapering, breastfeeding, natural health remedies, special needs, wahm raves, and so on and so on. So if you want to be part of a great community, come on over to http://www.granolachicks.com/community and tell them mama2five sent you :)

1 comments:

Teresa said...

Oh...they sound like such nice ladies! I've been part of a crazy granola chick group (kind of hard not to when one lives in Oregon where there are large masses of them). They have been my favorite groups. Wonderful ladies!!