Wednesday, September 19, 2007

5 weeks today.......

So today I am 5 weeks pregnant. Hard to believe I've already known for over a week and a half. Still not sure it's completely sunk in........even though I've been getting waves of nasty morning sickness. Oh and the obvious, no period lol. We still haven't told our kids and It's driving me nuts!! Well I've told Ashlyn lol, I don't think she'll tell anyone. I've accepted the fact that there's just no way possible to hide this from our families until Christmas, I'll be showing too much, so it looks like we may be letting the news out at Ashlyn's 1st birthday party which is less than a month away. Most people would just say "oh you're 30 years old, come on now and just tell them and get it over with". Well, part of me wants to do just that, but then I think of all the negative comments we will get and I for now just want to live in my happy little world =) lol. I really don't care too much what they say, after all it's OUR life, it's OUR children, and no one but US takes care of our children, so it's none of their business how many kids we have. But at the same time I just don't even want to deal with their negativity.

You know how I mentioned that DVD idea (in a previous post). Well I thought now maybe I'll just do up a slideshow of Ashlyn's 1st year to show at her bday party and put the news on there, then a friend, Maureen, had suggested giving the DVD's out as party favors at her party and letting the family then go home and watch them. I like that idea =) That we can choose whether or not to answer the phone when they call to say what they have to say lol. Ugh I wish they could just all be happy for us, but I know that won't be the case.

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

Im happy for you! :) Good luck, I hope they arent too mean about it. Seems like other people always think they know "whats best" for others. I remember when I found out I was pregnant with Ryleigh I called my dad to tell him. He was MAD! I was 24 yrs old and had been married for over a year and a half! I still dont know why he was mad. Now he love her to death!
You just have to live your life the way you want it. After all, it is YOUR life, not there's! :)

Laura McIntyre said...

Happy 5 weeks, seems nothing but considering how fast the time has gone since we were 5 weeks with our last children before we know it we will be celebrating this babys 1st bday. I love your idea of telling everyone

cindy kay said...

I understand about the criticism. When we were expecting our fourth child people were amazingly rude about it. What's with people-- even Christian people-- having the crazy idea that having more than two children is somehow wrong? Huh?

I'm glad for you, and I'm rootin' for you. Go for it!